Here are ways you can prepare for your upcoming coding session. We highly recommend saving the password to the accounts you create to the computer your child will be using. We also recommend writing the log in down in case your child changes devices. All account creation is free!
- Mini Maker, Beginner and Intermediate: Set up a scratch account for your child. If they already have one, they are welcome to use it!
- A internet connection
- Working Microphone and Speakers – We recommend a set of headphones or headset (which has been tested and is working) with an integrated microphone so that you can hear us and we can hear you as clearly as possible. If you do not have headphones or a headset, please ensure your child is in a quiet place – as long as they have speakers and a microphone and are in a quiet place it will be fine. Please reduce background noise or move to a quiet area for the benefit of all kids in the class.
- Optional: Webcam – Either external or built-in (many laptops have an integrated camera).
- Laptop or desktop (not tablet or phone)
- Keyboard and mouse
- Chrome browser. Do not use Safari, use Chrome. If something is not working on Chrome, try Firefox or Edge.
Detailed System Requirements:
- Broadband internet connection (ideally with at least 1.2Mbps download and 600Kbps upload speeds)
- 4GB of RAM or more (<4GB RAM may work but may be unstable in some situations)